Seroprevalence and risk factors of recent infection with hepatitis E virus during an acute outbreak in an urban setting in Chad, 2017
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Infectious Diseases
AbstractFrom September 2016-April 2017, Am Timan, Chad, experienced a large HEV outbreak in an urban setting with a limited impact in terms of morbidity and mortality. To better understand HEV epidemiology in this context, we estimated the seroprevalence of anti-HEV antibodies (IgM and IgG) and assessed the risk factors for recent HEV infections (positive anti-HEV IgM) during this outbreak.
- A large outbreak of Hepatitis E virus genotype 1 infection in an urban setting in Chad likely linked to household level transmission factors, 2016-2017.
- Authors: Spina A, Lenglet A, Beversluis D, de Jong M, Vernier L, Spencer C, Andayi F, Kamau C, Vollmer S, Hogema B, Irwin A, Ngueremi Yary R, Mahamat Ali A, Moussa A, Alfani P, Sang S
- Issue date: 2017
- Sero-epidemiology of hepatitis E virus (HEV) in urban and rural children of North India.
- Authors: Mathur P, Arora NK, Panda SK, Kapoor SK, Jailkhani BL, Irshad M
- Issue date: 2001 May
- Hepatitis E virus seroepidemiology: a post-earthquake study among blood donors in Nepal.
- Authors: Shrestha AC, Flower RL, Seed CR, Rajkarnikar M, Shrestha SK, Thapa U, Hoad VC, Faddy HM
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 25
- Hepatitis E virus infections in children age 0-15, Uganda outbreak, 2007.
- Authors: Patel RC, Kamili S, Teshale E
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Epidemic and sporadic hepatitis E virus transmission in West Kalimantan (Borneo), Indonesia.
- Authors: Corwin A, Putri MP, Winarno J, Lubis I, Suparmanto S, Sumardiati A, Laras K, Tan R, Master J, Warner G, Wignall FS, Graham R, Hyams KC
- Issue date: 1997 Jul