Seroprevalence and risk factors of recent infection with hepatitis E virus during an acute outbreak in an urban setting in Chad, 2017
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Infectious Diseases
AbstractFrom September 2016-April 2017, Am Timan, Chad, experienced a large HEV outbreak in an urban setting with a limited impact in terms of morbidity and mortality. To better understand HEV epidemiology in this context, we estimated the seroprevalence of anti-HEV antibodies (IgM and IgG) and assessed the risk factors for recent HEV infections (positive anti-HEV IgM) during this outbreak.
- A large outbreak of Hepatitis E virus genotype 1 infection in an urban setting in Chad likely linked to household level transmission factors, 2016-2017.
- Authors: Spina A, Lenglet A, Beversluis D, de Jong M, Vernier L, Spencer C, Andayi F, Kamau C, Vollmer S, Hogema B, Irwin A, Ngueremi Yary R, Mahamat Ali A, Moussa A, Alfani P, Sang S
- Issue date: 2017
- [A sero-epidemiological study of hepatitis E among general population in Shandong Province of China in 2014].
- Authors: Yan BY, Zhang L, Lyu JJ, Feng Y, Liu JY, Wu WL, Song LZ, Xu AQ
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 6
- Epidemic and sporadic hepatitis E virus transmission in West Kalimantan (Borneo), Indonesia.
- Authors: Corwin A, Putri MP, Winarno J, Lubis I, Suparmanto S, Sumardiati A, Laras K, Tan R, Master J, Warner G, Wignall FS, Graham R, Hyams KC
- Issue date: 1997 Jul
- Hepatitis E seroprevalence in the United States: Results for immunoglobulins IGG and IGM.
- Authors: Cangin C, Focht B, Harris R, Strunk JA
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Hepatitis E outbreak at a nursing home for aged people in Hokkaido, Japan, between February and March 2016.
- Authors: Ishida S, Matsuura K, Yoshizumi S, Miyoshi M, Sugisawa T, Tanida M, Okano M
- Issue date: 2018 Apr