Single-dose oral ciprofloxacin prophylaxis as a response to a meningococcal meningitis epidemic in the African meningitis belt: A 3-arm, open-label, cluster-randomized trial
De Lastours, V
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAntibiotic prophylaxis for contacts of meningitis cases is not recommended during outbreaks in the African meningitis belt. We assessed the effectiveness of single-dose oral ciprofloxacin administered to household contacts and in village-wide distributions on the overall attack rate (AR) in an outbreak of meningococcal meningitis.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Ciprofloxacin for contacts of cases of meningococcal meningitis as an epidemic response: study protocol for a cluster-randomized trial.
- Authors: Coldiron ME, Alcoba G, Ciglenecki I, Hitchings M, Djibo A, Page AL, Langendorf C, Grais RF
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 24
- Analysis of a meningococcal meningitis outbreak in Niger - potential effectiveness of reactive prophylaxis.
- Authors: Hitchings MDT, Coldiron ME, Grais RF, Lipsitch M
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- Failure of mass antibiotic prophylaxis to control a prolonged outbreak of meningococcal disease in an Israeli village.
- Authors: Shehab S, Keller N, Barkay A, Leitner L, Leventhal A, Block C
- Issue date: 1998 Nov
- [An epidemic of meningococcal meningitis in the region of Savanes in Togo in 1997: research and control strategies].
- Authors: Aplogan A, Batchassi E, Yakoua Y, Croisier A, Aleki A, Schlumberger M, Molina S, Sidatt M, Kaninda AV
- Issue date: 1997 Nov-Dec
- Ceftriaxone as effective as long-acting chloramphenicol in short-course treatment of meningococcal meningitis during epidemics: a randomised non-inferiority study.
- Authors: Nathan N, Borel T, Djibo A, Evans D, Djibo S, Corty JF, Guillerm M, Alberti KP, Pinoges L, Guerin PJ, Legros D
- Issue date: 2005 Jul 23-29