Estimating program coverage in the treatment of severe acute malnutrition: a comparative analysis of the validity and operational feasibility of two methods
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPopulation Health Metrics
AbstractMany health programs can assess coverage using standardized cluster survey methods, but estimating the coverage of nutrition programs presents a special challenge due to low disease prevalence. Used since 2012, the Semi-Quantitative Evaluation of Access and Coverage (SQUEAC) employs both qualitative and quantitative methods to identify key barriers to access and estimate coverage of therapeutic feeding programs. While the tool has been increasingly used in programs, the validity of certain methodological elements has been the subject of debate.
- Active and adaptive case finding to estimate therapeutic program coverage for severe acute malnutrition: a capture-recapture study.
- Authors: Isanaka S, Hedt-Gauthier BL, Salou H, Berthé F, Grais RF, Allen BGS
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 16
- Challenges of Estimating the Annual Caseload of Severe Acute Malnutrition: The Case of Niger.
- Authors: Deconinck H, Pesonen A, Hallarou M, Gérard JC, Briend A, Donnen P, Macq J
- Issue date: 2016
- Final results of the ISCHEMIA trial: distinguishing mass media coverage from clinical interpretation.
- Authors: Biondi Zoccai G, Frati G, Romagnoli E, Sciarretta S, Abbate A
- Issue date: 2020 Feb