Body and mind: retention in antiretroviral treatment care is improved by mental health training of care providers in Ethiopia
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Public Health
AbstractEthiopia has achieved a high coverage of antiretroviral treatment (ART), but maintaining lifelong care is still a great challenge. Mental illnesses often co-exist with HIV/AIDS and may compromise the retention on ART. In order to improve prolonged retention in ART care, basic training in mental health care was introduced for ART providers, but this hasn't been evaluated yet. The aim of this study was to examine if this training has improved patient retention in care.
- Retention in Care of Adult HIV Patients Initiating Antiretroviral Therapy in Tigray, Ethiopia: A Prospective Observational Cohort Study.
- Authors: Bucciardini R, Fragola V, Abegaz T, Lucattini S, Halifom A, Tadesse E, Berhe M, Pugliese K, Binelli A, De Castro P, Terlizzi R, Fucili L, Di Gregorio M, Mirra M, Olivieri E, Teklu T, Zegeye T, Haile A, Vella S, Abraham L, Godefay H, CASA-project Health Facilities.
- Issue date: 2015
- Retention and risk factors for attrition among adults in antiretroviral treatment programmes in Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
- Authors: Koole O, Tsui S, Wabwire-Mangen F, Kwesigabo G, Menten J, Mulenga M, Auld A, Agolory S, Mukadi YD, Colebunders R, Bangsberg DR, van Praag E, Torpey K, Williams S, Kaplan J, Zee A, Denison J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Patient retention, clinical outcomes and attrition-associated factors of HIV-infected patients enrolled in Zimbabwe's National Antiretroviral Therapy Programme, 2007-2010.
- Authors: Mutasa-Apollo T, Shiraishi RW, Takarinda KC, Dzangare J, Mugurungi O, Murungu J, Abdul-Quader A, Woodfill CJ
- Issue date: 2014
- Predictors of attrition from care at 2 years in a prospective cohort of HIV-infected adults in Tigray, Ethiopia.
- Authors: Bucciardini R, Fragola V, Abegaz T, Lucattini S, Halifom A, Tadesse E, Berhe M, Pugliese K, Fucili L, Gregorio MD, Mirra M, Castro P, Terlizzi R, Tatarelli P, Binelli A, Zegeye T, Campagnoli M, Vella S, Abraham L, Godefay H
- Issue date: 2017
- Trends in clinical characteristics and outcomes of Pre-ART care at a large HIV clinic in Nairobi, Kenya: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Mecha JO, Kubo EN, Nganga LW, Muiruri PN, Njagi LN, Mutisya IN, Odionyi JJ, Ilovi SC, Wambui M, Githu C, Ngethe R, Obimbo EM, Ngumi ZW
- Issue date: 2016