Body and mind: retention in antiretroviral treatment care is improved by mental health training of care providers in Ethiopia
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Public Health
AbstractEthiopia has achieved a high coverage of antiretroviral treatment (ART), but maintaining lifelong care is still a great challenge. Mental illnesses often co-exist with HIV/AIDS and may compromise the retention on ART. In order to improve prolonged retention in ART care, basic training in mental health care was introduced for ART providers, but this hasn't been evaluated yet. The aim of this study was to examine if this training has improved patient retention in care.
- Predictors of loss to follow up among adult clients attending antiretroviral treatment at Karamara general hospital, Jigjiga town, Eastern Ethiopia, 2015: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Seifu W, Ali W, Meresa B
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 18
- Patient retention, clinical outcomes and attrition-associated factors of HIV-infected patients enrolled in Zimbabwe's National Antiretroviral Therapy Programme, 2007-2010.
- Authors: Mutasa-Apollo T, Shiraishi RW, Takarinda KC, Dzangare J, Mugurungi O, Murungu J, Abdul-Quader A, Woodfill CJ
- Issue date: 2014
- Retention in Care of Adult HIV Patients Initiating Antiretroviral Therapy in Tigray, Ethiopia: A Prospective Observational Cohort Study.
- Authors: Bucciardini R, Fragola V, Abegaz T, Lucattini S, Halifom A, Tadesse E, Berhe M, Pugliese K, Binelli A, De Castro P, Terlizzi R, Fucili L, Di Gregorio M, Mirra M, Olivieri E, Teklu T, Zegeye T, Haile A, Vella S, Abraham L, Godefay H, CASA-project Health Facilities.
- Issue date: 2015
- Factors associated with long-term antiretroviral therapy attrition among adolescents in rural Uganda: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Okoboi S, Ssali L, Yansaneh AI, Bakanda C, Birungi J, Nantume S, Okullu JL, Sharp AR, Moore DM, Kalibala S
- Issue date: 2016
- Retention and risk factors for attrition in a large public health ART program in Myanmar: a retrospective cohort analysis.
- Authors: Thida A, Tun ST, Zaw SK, Lover AA, Cavailler P, Chunn J, Aye MM, Par P, Naing KW, Zan KN, Shwe M, Kyaw TT, Waing ZH, Clevenbergh P
- Issue date: 2014