How has the Zimbabwe mycobacterial culture and drug sensitivity testing system among re-treatment tuberculosis patients functioned during the scale-up of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay?
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn Zimbabwe, while the Xpert MTB/RIF assay is being used for diagnosing tuberculosis and rifampicin-resistance, re-treatment tuberculosis (TB) patients are still expected to have culture and drug sensitivity testing (CDST) performed at national reference laboratories for confirmation. The study aim was to document the Xpert MTB/RIF assay scale-up and assess how the CDST system functioned for re-treatment TB patients.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Diagnosis and treatment of TB patients with rifampicin resistance detected using Xpert(®) MTB/RIF in Zimbabwe.
- Authors: Charambira K, Ade S, Harries AD, Ncube RT, Zishiri C, Sandy C, Mutunzi H, Takarinda K, Owiti P, Mafaune P, Chonzi P
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 21
- Comparison of Xpert MTB/RIF with other nucleic acid technologies for diagnosing pulmonary tuberculosis in a high HIV prevalence setting: a prospective study.
- Authors: Scott LE, McCarthy K, Gous N, Nduna M, Van Rie A, Sanne I, Venter WF, Duse A, Stevens W
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Evaluation of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay for diagnosis of tuberculosis and rifampin resistance in county-level laboratories in Hunan province, China.
- Authors: Hu P, Bai L, Liu F, Ou X, Zhang Z, Yi S, Chen Z, Gong D, Liu B, Guo J, Tan Y
- Issue date: 2014
- Evaluation of the Xpert® MTB/RIF assay and microscopy for the diagnosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Namibia.
- Authors: Mavenyengwa RT, Shaduka E, Maposa I
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 11
- Xpert MTB/RIF for rapid detection of rifampicin-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis from pulmonary tuberculosis patients in Southwest Ethiopia.
- Authors: Tadesse M, Aragaw D, Dimah B, Efa F, Abebe G
- Issue date: 2016 Dec