How has the Zimbabwe mycobacterial culture and drug sensitivity testing system among re-treatment tuberculosis patients functioned during the scale-up of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay?
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn Zimbabwe, while the Xpert MTB/RIF assay is being used for diagnosing tuberculosis and rifampicin-resistance, re-treatment tuberculosis (TB) patients are still expected to have culture and drug sensitivity testing (CDST) performed at national reference laboratories for confirmation. The study aim was to document the Xpert MTB/RIF assay scale-up and assess how the CDST system functioned for re-treatment TB patients.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Performance evaluation of Xpert MTB/RIF in a moderate tuberculosis incidence compared with TaqMan MTB and TRCRapid M.TB.
- Authors: Tsuyuguchi K, Nagai H, Ogawa K, Matsumoto T, Morimoto K, Takaki A, Mitarai S
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- The Xpert® MTB/RIF assay in routine diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis: A multicentre study in Lithuania.
- Authors: Pimkina E, Zablockis R, Nikolayevskyy V, Danila E, Davidaviciene E
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Comparison of Xpert MTB/RIF with other nucleic acid technologies for diagnosing pulmonary tuberculosis in a high HIV prevalence setting: a prospective study.
- Authors: Scott LE, McCarthy K, Gous N, Nduna M, Van Rie A, Sanne I, Venter WF, Duse A, Stevens W
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Performance of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay in the diagnosis of tuberculosis in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues.
- Authors: Polepole P, Kabwe M, Kasonde M, Tembo J, Shibemba A, O'Grady J, Kapata N, Zumla A, Bates M
- Issue date: 2017 Jan-Mar
- Feasibility, diagnostic accuracy, and effectiveness of decentralised use of the Xpert MTB/RIF test for diagnosis of tuberculosis and multidrug resistance: a multicentre implementation study.
- Authors: Boehme CC, Nicol MP, Nabeta P, Michael JS, Gotuzzo E, Tahirli R, Gler MT, Blakemore R, Worodria W, Gray C, Huang L, Caceres T, Mehdiyev R, Raymond L, Whitelaw A, Sagadevan K, Alexander H, Albert H, Cobelens F, Cox H, Alland D, Perkins MD
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 30