How has the Zimbabwe mycobacterial culture and drug sensitivity testing system among re-treatment tuberculosis patients functioned during the scale-up of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay?
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn Zimbabwe, while the Xpert MTB/RIF assay is being used for diagnosing tuberculosis and rifampicin-resistance, re-treatment tuberculosis (TB) patients are still expected to have culture and drug sensitivity testing (CDST) performed at national reference laboratories for confirmation. The study aim was to document the Xpert MTB/RIF assay scale-up and assess how the CDST system functioned for re-treatment TB patients.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Performance evaluation of Xpert MTB/RIF in a moderate tuberculosis incidence compared with TaqMan MTB and TRCRapid M.TB.
- Authors: Tsuyuguchi K, Nagai H, Ogawa K, Matsumoto T, Morimoto K, Takaki A, Mitarai S
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Xpert MTB/RIF and Xpert MTB/RIF Ultra assays for active tuberculosis and rifampicin resistance in children.
- Authors: Kay AW, González Fernández L, Takwoingi Y, Eisenhut M, Detjen AK, Steingart KR, Mandalakas AM
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 27
- The Xpert® MTB/RIF assay in routine diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis: A multicentre study in Lithuania.
- Authors: Pimkina E, Zablockis R, Nikolayevskyy V, Danila E, Davidaviciene E
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Comparison of Xpert MTB/RIF with other nucleic acid technologies for diagnosing pulmonary tuberculosis in a high HIV prevalence setting: a prospective study.
- Authors: Scott LE, McCarthy K, Gous N, Nduna M, Van Rie A, Sanne I, Venter WF, Duse A, Stevens W
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Xpert MTB/RIF Ultra and Xpert MTB/RIF assays for extrapulmonary tuberculosis and rifampicin resistance in adults.
- Authors: Kohli M, Schiller I, Dendukuri N, Yao M, Dheda K, Denkinger CM, Schumacher SG, Steingart KR
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 15