Effect of bedaquiline on mortality in South African patients with drug-resistant tuberculosis: a retrospective cohort study
Te Riele, J
MetadataShow full item record
JournalLancet Respiratory Medicine
AbstractAddition of bedaquiline to treatment for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis was associated with an increased risk of death in a phase 2b clinical trial, resulting in caution from WHO. Following a compassionate access programme and local regulatory approval, the South African National Tuberculosis Programme began widespread use of bedaquiline in March, 2015, especially among patients with extensively drug resistant tuberculosis for whom no other effective treatment options were available. We aimed to compare mortality in patients on standard regimens with that of patients on regimens including bedaquiline.
- Incremental Cost Effectiveness of Bedaquiline for the Treatment of Rifampicin-Resistant Tuberculosis in South Africa: Model-Based Analysis.
- Authors: Schnippel K, Firnhaber C, Conradie F, Ndjeka N, Sinanovic E
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Predictors of mortality and treatment success during treatment for rifampicin-resistant tuberculosis within the South African National TB Programme, 2009 to 2011: a cohort analysis of the national case register.
- Authors: Schnippel K, Shearer K, Evans D, Berhanu R, Dlamini S, Ndjeka N
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Provisional CDC guidelines for the use and safety monitoring of bedaquiline fumarate (Sirturo) for the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Authors: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 25
- Treatment correlates of successful outcomes in pulmonary multidrug-resistant tuberculosis: an individual patient data meta-analysis.
- Authors: Collaborative Group for the Meta-Analysis of Individual Patient Data in MDR-TB treatment–2017., Ahmad N, Ahuja SD, Akkerman OW, Alffenaar JC, Anderson LF, Baghaei P, Bang D, Barry PM, Bastos ML, Behera D, Benedetti A, Bisson GP, Boeree MJ, Bonnet M, Brode SK, Brust JCM, Cai Y, Caumes E, Cegielski JP, Centis R, Chan PC, Chan ED, Chang KC, Charles M, Cirule A, Dalcolmo MP, D'Ambrosio L, de Vries G, Dheda K, Esmail A, Flood J, Fox GJ, Fréchet-Jachym M, Fregona G, Gayoso R, Gegia M, Gler MT, Gu S, Guglielmetti L, Holtz TH, Hughes J, Isaakidis P, Jarlsberg L, Kempker RR, Keshavjee S, Khan FA, Kipiani M, Koenig SP, Koh WJ, Kritski A, Kuksa L, Kvasnovsky CL, Kwak N, Lan Z, Lange C, Laniado-Laborín R, Lee M, Leimane V, Leung CC, Leung EC, Li PZ, Lowenthal P, Maciel EL, Marks SM, Mase S, Mbuagbaw L, Migliori GB, Milanov V, Miller AC, Mitnick CD, Modongo C, Mohr E, Monedero I, Nahid P, Ndjeka N, O'Donnell MR, Padayatchi N, Palmero D, Pape JW, Podewils LJ, Reynolds I, Riekstina V, Robert J, Rodriguez M, Seaworth B, Seung KJ, Schnippel K, Shim TS, Singla R, Smith SE, Sotgiu G, Sukhbaatar G, Tabarsi P, Tiberi S, Trajman A, Trieu L, Udwadia ZF, van der Werf TS, Veziris N, Viiklepp P, Vilbrun SC, Walsh K, Westenhouse J, Yew WW, Yim JJ, Zetola NM, Zignol M, Menzies D
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 8
- Early safety and efficacy of the combination of bedaquiline and delamanid for the treatment of patients with drug-resistant tuberculosis in Armenia, India, and South Africa: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Ferlazzo G, Mohr E, Laxmeshwar C, Hewison C, Hughes J, Jonckheere S, Khachatryan N, De Avezedo V, Egazaryan L, Shroufi A, Kalon S, Cox H, Furin J, Isaakidis P
- Issue date: 2018 May