Effect of bedaquiline on mortality in South African patients with drug-resistant tuberculosis: a retrospective cohort study
Te Riele, J
MetadataShow full item record
JournalLancet Respiratory Medicine
AbstractAddition of bedaquiline to treatment for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis was associated with an increased risk of death in a phase 2b clinical trial, resulting in caution from WHO. Following a compassionate access programme and local regulatory approval, the South African National Tuberculosis Programme began widespread use of bedaquiline in March, 2015, especially among patients with extensively drug resistant tuberculosis for whom no other effective treatment options were available. We aimed to compare mortality in patients on standard regimens with that of patients on regimens including bedaquiline.
- Incremental Cost Effectiveness of Bedaquiline for the Treatment of Rifampicin-Resistant Tuberculosis in South Africa: Model-Based Analysis.
- Authors: Schnippel K, Firnhaber C, Conradie F, Ndjeka N, Sinanovic E
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- QT effects of bedaquiline, delamanid, or both in patients with rifampicin-resistant tuberculosis: a phase 2, open-label, randomised, controlled trial.
- Authors: Dooley KE, Rosenkranz SL, Conradie F, Moran L, Hafner R, von Groote-Bidlingmaier F, Lama JR, Shenje J, De Los Rios J, Comins K, Morganroth J, Diacon AH, Cramer YS, Donahue K, Maartens G, AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) A5343 DELIBERATE Study Team.
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- Early safety and efficacy of the combination of bedaquiline and delamanid for the treatment of patients with drug-resistant tuberculosis in Armenia, India, and South Africa: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Ferlazzo G, Mohr E, Laxmeshwar C, Hewison C, Hughes J, Jonckheere S, Khachatryan N, De Avezedo V, Egazaryan L, Shroufi A, Kalon S, Cox H, Furin J, Isaakidis P
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Improved Treatment Outcomes With Bedaquiline When Substituted for Second-line Injectable Agents in Multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Authors: Zhao Y, Fox T, Manning K, Stewart A, Tiffin N, Khomo N, Leslie J, Boulle A, Mudaly V, Kock Y, Meintjes G, Wasserman S
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 24
- Bedaquiline, moxifloxacin, pretomanid, and pyrazinamide during the first 8 weeks of treatment of patients with drug-susceptible or drug-resistant pulmonary tuberculosis: a multicentre, open-label, partially randomised, phase 2b trial.
- Authors: Tweed CD, Dawson R, Burger DA, Conradie A, Crook AM, Mendel CM, Conradie F, Diacon AH, Ntinginya NE, Everitt DE, Haraka F, Li M, van Niekerk CH, Okwera A, Rassool MS, Reither K, Sebe MA, Staples S, Variava E, Spigelman M
- Issue date: 2019 Dec