Retention on ART and predictors of disengagement from care in several alternative community-centred ART refill models in rural Swaziland
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA broad range of community-centred care models for patients stable on anti-retroviral therapy (ART) have been proposed by the World Health Organization to better respond to patient needs and alleviate pressure on health systems caused by rapidly growing patient numbers. Where available, often a single alternative care model is offered in addition to routine clinical care. We operationalized several community-centred ART delivery care models in one public sector setting. Here, we compare retention in care and on ART and identify predictors of disengagement with care.
- Factors associated with long-term antiretroviral therapy attrition among adolescents in rural Uganda: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Okoboi S, Ssali L, Yansaneh AI, Bakanda C, Birungi J, Nantume S, Okullu JL, Sharp AR, Moore DM, Kalibala S
- Issue date: 2016
- Contemporary disengagement from antiretroviral therapy in Khayelitsha, South Africa: A cohort study.
- Authors: Kaplan SR, Oosthuizen C, Stinson K, Little F, Euvrard J, Schomaker M, Osler M, Hilderbrand K, Boulle A, Meintjes G
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Challenges and successes in the implementation of option B+ to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV in southern Swaziland.
- Authors: Etoori D, Kerschberger B, Staderini N, Ndlangamandla M, Nhlabatsi B, Jobanputra K, Mthethwa-Hleza S, Parker LA, Sibanda S, Mabhena E, Pasipamire M, Kabore SM, Rusch B, Jamet C, Ciglenecki I, Teck R
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 20
- Retention and mortality outcomes from a community-supported public-private HIV treatment programme in Myanmar.
- Authors: Mburu G, Paing AZ, Myint NN, Di W, Thu KH, Ram M, Hoffmann CJ, Wang B, Naing S
- Issue date: 2016
- Effect of Community ART Groups on retention-in-care among patients on ART in Tete Province, Mozambique: a cohort study.
- Authors: Decroo T, Telfer B, Dores CD, White RA, Santos ND, Mkwamba A, Dezembro S, Joffrisse M, Ellman T, Metcalf C
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 11