Population-level HIV incidence estimates using a combination of synthetic cohort and recency biomarker approaches in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is a notable absence of consensus on how to generate estimates of population-level incidence. Incidence is a considerably more sensitive indicator of epidemiological trends than prevalence, but is harder to estimate. We used a novel hybrid method to estimate HIV incidence by age and sex in a rural district of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- A comparison of self-report and antiretroviral detection to inform estimates of antiretroviral therapy coverage, viral load suppression and HIV incidence in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Authors: Huerga H, Shiferie F, Grebe E, Giuliani R, Farhat JB, Van-Cutsem G, Cohen K
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 29
- Transmission networks and risk of HIV infection in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: a community-wide phylogenetic study.
- Authors: de Oliveira T, Kharsany AB, Gräf T, Cawood C, Khanyile D, Grobler A, Puren A, Madurai S, Baxter C, Karim QA, Karim SS
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Progress towards the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goals by age and gender in a rural area of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: a household-based community cross-sectional survey.
- Authors: Huerga H, Van Cutsem G, Ben Farhat J, Puren A, Bouhenia M, Wiesner L, Dlamini L, Maman D, Ellman T, Etard JF
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 2
- Modelling HIV incidence and survival from age-specific seroprevalence after antiretroviral treatment scale-up in rural South Africa.
- Authors: Mossong J, Grapsa E, Tanser F, Bärnighausen T, Newell ML
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 24
- Combined interventions to reduce HIV incidence in KwaZulu-Natal: a modelling study.
- Authors: Blaizot S, Huerga H, Riche B, Ellman T, Shroufi A, Etard JF, Ecochard R
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 26