Using ante-natal clinic prevalence data to monitor temporal changes in malaria incidence in a humanitarian setting in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe number of clinical cases of malaria is often recorded in resource constrained or conflict settings as a proxy for disease burden. Interpreting case count data in areas of humanitarian need is challenging due to uncertainties in population size caused by security concerns, resource constraints and population movement. Malaria prevalence in women visiting ante-natal care (ANC) clinics has the potential to be an easier and more accurate metric for malaria surveillance that is unbiased by population size if malaria testing is routinely conducted irrespective of symptoms.
- Low prevalence of Plasmodium malariae and Plasmodium ovale mono-infections among children in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: a population-based, cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Doctor SM, Liu Y, Anderson OG, Whitesell AN, Mwandagalirwa MK, Muwonga J, Keeler C, Emch M, Likwela JL, Tshefu A, Meshnick SR
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 8
- Malaria in Children Adopted from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Authors: Chiappini E, Sollai S, de Martino M, Galli L
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Individual and household characteristics of persons with Plasmodium falciparum malaria in sites with varying endemicities in Kinshasa Province, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Authors: Mwandagalirwa MK, Levitz L, Thwai KL, Parr JB, Goel V, Janko M, Tshefu A, Emch M, Meshnick SR, Carrel M
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 9
- Molecular malaria epidemiology: mapping and burden estimates for the Democratic Republic of the Congo, 2007.
- Authors: Taylor SM, Messina JP, Hand CC, Juliano JJ, Muwonga J, Tshefu AK, Atua B, Emch M, Meshnick SR
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 31
- Severe malaria in children: A descriptive report from Kinshasa, the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Kunuanunua TS, Nsibu CN, Bodi JM, Tshibola TK, Makusi Bura M, Magoga K, Ekila MB, Situakibanza HT, Aloni MN
- Issue date: 2015 Aug