Using ante-natal clinic prevalence data to monitor temporal changes in malaria incidence in a humanitarian setting in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe number of clinical cases of malaria is often recorded in resource constrained or conflict settings as a proxy for disease burden. Interpreting case count data in areas of humanitarian need is challenging due to uncertainties in population size caused by security concerns, resource constraints and population movement. Malaria prevalence in women visiting ante-natal care (ANC) clinics has the potential to be an easier and more accurate metric for malaria surveillance that is unbiased by population size if malaria testing is routinely conducted irrespective of symptoms.
- School-based malaria prevalence: informative systematic surveillance measure to assess epidemiological impact of malaria control interventions in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Authors: Swana EK, Yav TI, Ngwej LM, Mupemba BN, Suprianto, Mukeng CK, Hattingh I, Luboya ON, Kakoma JS, Bangs MJ
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 3
- Low prevalence of Plasmodium malariae and Plasmodium ovale mono-infections among children in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: a population-based, cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Doctor SM, Liu Y, Anderson OG, Whitesell AN, Mwandagalirwa MK, Muwonga J, Keeler C, Emch M, Likwela JL, Tshefu A, Meshnick SR
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 8
- Molecular identification of Plasmodium species in symptomatic children of Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Kavunga-Membo H, Ilombe G, Masumu J, Matangila J, Imponge J, Manzambi E, Wastenga F, Ngoyi DM, Van Geetruyden JP, Muyembe JJ
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 20
- Burden of malaria is higher among children in an internal displacement camp compared to a neighbouring village in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Authors: Charchuk R, Paul MK, Claude KM, Houston S, Hawkes MT
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 25
- Malaria in Children Adopted from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Authors: Chiappini E, Sollai S, de Martino M, Galli L
- Issue date: 2017 Apr