Alternative sputum collection methods for diagnosis of childhood intrathoracic tuberculosis: a systematic literature review
MetadataShow full item record
JournalArchives of disease in childhood
AbstractDiagnosis of intrathoracic tuberculosis (ITB) is limited in children partly by their difficulty to produce sputum specimen.
DescriptionWe regret that this articles is behind a paywall.
- Xpert MTB/RIF assay can be used on archived gastric aspirate and induced sputum samples for sensitive diagnosis of paediatric tuberculosis.
- Authors: Singh S, Singh A, Prajapati S, Kabra SK, Lodha R, Mukherjee A, Singh V, Hesseling AC, Grewal HM, Delhi Pediatric TB study group.
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 29
- The Incremental Value of Repeated Induced Sputum and Gastric Aspirate Samples for the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Young Children With Acute Community-Acquired Pneumonia.
- Authors: Moore DP, Higdon MM, Hammitt LL, Prosperi C, DeLuca AN, Da Silva P, Baillie VL, Adrian PV, Mudau A, Deloria Knoll M, Feikin DR, Murdoch DR, O'Brien KL, Madhi SA
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 15
- Rapid diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in African children in a primary care setting by use of Xpert MTB/RIF on respiratory specimens: a prospective study.
- Authors: Zar HJ, Workman L, Isaacs W, Dheda K, Zemanay W, Nicol MP
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Assessment of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay for diagnosis of tuberculosis with gastric lavage aspirates in children in sub-Saharan Africa: a prospective descriptive study.
- Authors: Bates M, O'Grady J, Maeurer M, Tembo J, Chilukutu L, Chabala C, Kasonde R, Mulota P, Mzyece J, Chomba M, Mukonda L, Mumba M, Kapata N, Rachow A, Clowes P, Hoelscher M, Mwaba P, Zumla A
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Specimen Pooling as a Diagnostic Strategy for Microbiologic Confirmation in Children with Intrathoracic Tuberculosis.
- Authors: Walters E, van der Zalm MM, Demers AM, Whitelaw A, Palmer M, Bosch C, Draper HR, Schaaf HS, Goussard P, Lombard CJ, Gie RP, Hesseling AC
- Issue date: 2019 Jun