Alternative sputum collection methods for diagnosis of childhood intrathoracic tuberculosis: a systematic literature review
MetadataShow full item record
JournalArchives of disease in childhood
AbstractDiagnosis of intrathoracic tuberculosis (ITB) is limited in children partly by their difficulty to produce sputum specimen.
DescriptionWe regret that this articles is behind a paywall.
- Assessment of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay for diagnosis of tuberculosis with gastric lavage aspirates in children in sub-Saharan Africa: a prospective descriptive study.
- Authors: Bates M, O'Grady J, Maeurer M, Tembo J, Chilukutu L, Chabala C, Kasonde R, Mulota P, Mzyece J, Chomba M, Mukonda L, Mumba M, Kapata N, Rachow A, Clowes P, Hoelscher M, Mwaba P, Zumla A
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Rapid diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in African children in a primary care setting by use of Xpert MTB/RIF on respiratory specimens: a prospective study.
- Authors: Zar HJ, Workman L, Isaacs W, Dheda K, Zemanay W, Nicol MP
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Effective testing for pulmonary tuberculosis using Xpert MTB/RIF assay for stool specimens in immunocompetent Pakistani children.
- Authors: Hasan Z, Arif F, Shakoor S, Mehnaz A, Akber A, Kanji A, Ashraf M, Hasan R
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Performance of Xpert MTB/RIF and Alternative Specimen Collection Methods for the Diagnosis of Tuberculosis in HIV-Infected Children.
- Authors: Marcy O, Ung V, Goyet S, Borand L, Msellati P, Tejiokem M, Nguyen Thi NL, Nacro B, Cheng S, Eyangoh S, Pham TH, Ouedraogo AS, Tarantola A, Godreuil S, Blanche S, Delacourt C
- Issue date: 2016 May 1
- Evaluation of Xpert® MTB/RIF Assay in Induced Sputum and Gastric Lavage Samples from Young Children with Suspected Tuberculosis from the MVA85A TB Vaccine Trial.
- Authors: Bunyasi EW, Tameris M, Geldenhuys H, Schmidt BM, Luabeya AK, Mulenga H, Scriba TJ, Hanekom WA, Mahomed H, McShane H, Hatherill M
- Issue date: 2015