Alternative sputum collection methods for diagnosis of childhood intrathoracic tuberculosis: a systematic literature review
MetadataShow full item record
JournalArchives of disease in childhood
AbstractDiagnosis of intrathoracic tuberculosis (ITB) is limited in children partly by their difficulty to produce sputum specimen.
DescriptionWe regret that this articles is behind a paywall.
- Xpert MTB/RIF assay can be used on archived gastric aspirate and induced sputum samples for sensitive diagnosis of paediatric tuberculosis.
- Authors: Singh S, Singh A, Prajapati S, Kabra SK, Lodha R, Mukherjee A, Singh V, Hesseling AC, Grewal HM, Delhi Pediatric TB study group.
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 29
- Assessment of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay for diagnosis of tuberculosis with gastric lavage aspirates in children in sub-Saharan Africa: a prospective descriptive study.
- Authors: Bates M, O'Grady J, Maeurer M, Tembo J, Chilukutu L, Chabala C, Kasonde R, Mulota P, Mzyece J, Chomba M, Mukonda L, Mumba M, Kapata N, Rachow A, Clowes P, Hoelscher M, Mwaba P, Zumla A
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Xpert MTB/RIF diagnosis of childhood tuberculosis from sputum and stool samples in a high TB-HIV-prevalent setting.
- Authors: Orikiriza P, Nansumba M, Nyehangane D, Bastard M, Mugisha IT, Nansera D, Mwanga-Amumpaire J, Boum Y 2nd, Kumbakumba E, Bonnet M
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Lateral flow urine lipoarabinomannan assay for detecting active tuberculosis in HIV-positive adults.
- Authors: Shah M, Hanrahan C, Wang ZY, Dendukuri N, Lawn SD, Denkinger CM, Steingart KR
- Issue date: 2016 May 10
- Rapid diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in African children in a primary care setting by use of Xpert MTB/RIF on respiratory specimens: a prospective study.
- Authors: Zar HJ, Workman L, Isaacs W, Dheda K, Zemanay W, Nicol MP
- Issue date: 2013 Aug