A cross-sectional assessment of diabetes self-management, education and support needs of Syrian refugee patients living with diabetes in Bekaa Valley Lebanon
MetadataShow full item record
JournalConflict and health
AbstractPatients with diabetes require knowledge and skills to self-manage their disease, a challenging aspect of treatment that is difficult to address in humanitarian settings. Due to the lack of literature and experience regarding diabetes self-management, education and support (DSMES) in refugee populations, Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) undertook a DSMES survey in a cohort of diabetes patients seen in their primary health care program in Lebanon.
- Treating Syrian refugees with diabetes and hypertension in Shatila refugee camp, Lebanon: Médecins Sans Frontières model of care and treatment outcomes.
- Authors: Kayali M, Moussally K, Lakis C, Abrash MA, Sawan C, Reid A, Edwards J
- Issue date: 2019
- Insights From the National Diabetes Education Program National Diabetes Survey: Opportunities for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support.
- Authors: Piccinino LJ, Devchand R, Gallivan J, Tuncer D, Nicols C, Siminerio LM
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Prevalence, care-seeking, and health service utilization for non-communicable diseases among Syrian refugees and host communities in Lebanon.
- Authors: Doocy S, Lyles E, Hanquart B, LHAS Study Team., Woodman M
- Issue date: 2016
- 2017 National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support.
- Authors: Beck J, Greenwood DA, Blanton L, Bollinger ST, Butcher MK, Condon JE, Cypress M, Faulkner P, Fischl AH, Francis T, Kolb LE, Lavin-Tompkins JM, MacLeod J, Maryniuk M, Mensing C, Orzeck EA, Pope DD, Pulizzi JL, Reed AA, Rhinehart AS, Siminerio L, Wang J, 2017 Standards Revision Task Force.
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Cardiovascular disease risk and prevention amongst Syrian refugees: mixed methods study of Médecins Sans Frontières programme in Jordan.
- Authors: Collins DRJ, Jobanputra K, Frost T, Muhammed S, Ward A, Shafei AA, Fardous T, Gabashneh S, Heneghan C
- Issue date: 2017