Field safety and effectiveness of new visceral leishmaniasis treatment regimens within public health facilities in Bihar, India
Rabi Das, VN
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractIn 2010, WHO recommended the use of new short-course treatment regimens in kala-azar elimination efforts for the Indian subcontinent. Although phase 3 studies have shown excellent results, there remains a lack of evidence on a wider treatment population and the safety and effectiveness of these regimens under field conditions.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Safety and efficacy of short course combination regimens with AmBisome, miltefosine and paromomycin for the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis (VL) in Bangladesh.
- Authors: Rahman R, Goyal V, Haque R, Jamil K, Faiz A, Samad R, Ellis S, Balasegaram M, Boer MD, Rijal S, Strub-Wourgaft N, Alves F, Alvar J, Sharma B
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Field effectiveness of new visceral leishmaniasis regimens after 1 year following treatment within public health facilities in Bihar, India.
- Authors: Goyal V, Burza S, Pandey K, Singh SN, Singh RS, Strub-Wourgaft N, Das VNR, Bern C, Hightower A, Rijal S, Sunyoto T, Alves F, Lima N, Das P, Alvar J
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Comparison of short-course multidrug treatment with standard therapy for visceral leishmaniasis in India: an open-label, non-inferiority, randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Sundar S, Sinha PK, Rai M, Verma DK, Nawin K, Alam S, Chakravarty J, Vaillant M, Verma N, Pandey K, Kumari P, Lal CS, Arora R, Sharma B, Ellis S, Strub-Wourgaft N, Balasegaram M, Olliaro P, Das P, Modabber F
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 5
- Long-term incidence of relapse and post-kala-azar dermal leishmaniasis after three different visceral leishmaniasis treatment regimens in Bihar, India.
- Authors: Goyal V, Das VNR, Singh SN, Singh RS, Pandey K, Verma N, Hightower A, Rijal S, Das P, Alvar J, Bern C, Alves F
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Efficacy and Safety of AmBisome in Combination with Sodium Stibogluconate or Miltefosine and Miltefosine Monotherapy for African Visceral Leishmaniasis: Phase II Randomized Trial.
- Authors: Wasunna M, Njenga S, Balasegaram M, Alexander N, Omollo R, Edwards T, Dorlo TP, Musa B, Ali MH, Elamin MY, Kirigi G, Juma R, Kip AE, Schoone GJ, Hailu A, Olobo J, Ellis S, Kimutai R, Wells S, Khalil EA, Strub Wourgaft N, Alves F, Musa A
- Issue date: 2016 Sep