Uncharted territory of the epidemiological burden of cutaneous leishmaniasis in sub-Saharan Africa-A systematic review
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractCutaneous leishmaniasis (CL) is the most frequent form of leishmaniasis, with 0.7 to 1.2 million cases per year globally. However, the burden of CL is poorly documented in some regions. We carried out this review to synthesize knowledge on the epidemiological burden of CL in sub-Saharan Africa.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Global burden of cutaneous leishmaniasis: a cross-sectional analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.
- Authors: Karimkhani C, Wanga V, Coffeng LE, Naghavi P, Dellavalle RP, Naghavi M
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Authors: Bloom BR, Atun R, Cohen T, Dye C, Fraser H, Gomez GB, Knight G, Murray M, Nardell E, Rubin E, Salomon J, Vassall A, Volchenkov G, White R, Wilson D, Yadav P, Holmes KK, Bertozzi S, Bloom BR, Jha P
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 3
- Peripheral Arterial Disease in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Review.
- Authors: Johnston LE, Stewart BT, Yangni-Angate H, Veller M, Upchurch GR Jr, Gyedu A, Kushner AL
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 1
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review.
- Authors: Finney LJ, Feary JR, Leonardi-Bee J, Gordon SB, Mortimer K
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Prevalence and burden of Toxoplasma gondii infection in HIV-infected people: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Wang ZD, Wang SC, Liu HH, Ma HY, Li ZY, Wei F, Zhu XQ, Liu Q
- Issue date: 2017 Apr