Retention in care among clinically stable antiretroviral therapy patients following a six-monthly clinical consultation schedule: findings from a cohort study in rural Malawi
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLonger intervals between clinic consultations for clinically stable antiretroviral therapy (ART) patients may improve retention in care and reduce facility workload. We assessed long-term retention among clinically stable ART patients attending six-monthly clinical consultations (SMCC) with three-monthly fast-track drug refills, and estimated the number of consultations "saved" by this model of ART delivery in rural Malawi.
PublisherWiley Open Access
- Factors associated with long-term antiretroviral therapy attrition among adolescents in rural Uganda: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Okoboi S, Ssali L, Yansaneh AI, Bakanda C, Birungi J, Nantume S, Okullu JL, Sharp AR, Moore DM, Kalibala S
- Issue date: 2016
- Factors associated with loss to clinic among HIV patients not yet known to be eligible for antiretroviral therapy (ART) in Mozambique.
- Authors: Pati R, Lahuerta M, Elul B, Okamura M, Alvim MF, Schackman B, Bang H, Fernandes R, Assan A, Lima J, Nash D, Identifying Optimal Models of HIV Care in Mozambique Study Group.
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 10
- Loss to follow-up before and after initiation of antiretroviral therapy in HIV facilities in Lilongwe, Malawi.
- Authors: Tweya H, Oboho IK, Gugsa ST, Phiri S, Rambiki E, Banda R, Mwafilaso J, Munthali C, Gupta S, Bateganya M, Maida A
- Issue date: 2018
- Determinants of time to antiretroviral treatment initiation and subsequent mortality on treatment in a cohort in rural northern Malawi.
- Authors: Brown JP, Ngwira B, Tafatatha T, Crampin AC, French N, Koole O
- Issue date: 2016
- Retention in care during the first 3 years of antiretroviral therapy for women in Malawi's option B+ programme: an observational cohort study.
- Authors: Haas AD, Tenthani L, Msukwa MT, Tal K, Jahn A, Gadabu OJ, Spoerri A, Chimbwandira F, van Oosterhout JJ, Keiser O
- Issue date: 2016 Apr