HIV-1 drug resistance testing at second-line regimen failure in Arua, Uganda: avoiding unnecessary switch to an empiric third-line.
Amoros Quiles, I
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe number of patients on second-line antiretroviral therapy is growing, but data on HIV drug resistance patterns at failure in resource-constrained settings are scarce. We aimed to describe drug resistance and investigate the factors associated with extensive resistance to nucleoside/nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI), in patients failing second-line therapy in the HIV outpatient clinic at Arua Regional Referral Hospital, Uganda.
- Boosted protease inhibitor monotherapy versus boosted protease inhibitor plus lamivudine dual therapy as second-line maintenance treatment for HIV-1-infected patients in sub-Saharan Africa (ANRS12 286/MOBIDIP): a multicentre, randomised, parallel, open-label, superiority trial.
- Authors: Ciaffi L, Koulla-Shiro S, Sawadogo AB, Ndour CT, Eymard-Duvernay S, Mbouyap PR, Ayangma L, Zoungrana J, Gueye NFN, Diallo M, Izard S, Bado G, Kane CT, Aghokeng AF, Peeters M, Girard PM, Le Moing V, Reynes J, Delaporte E, MOBIDIP study group.
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- HIV multi-drug resistance at first-line antiretroviral failure and subsequent virological response in Asia.
- Authors: Jiamsakul A, Sungkanuparph S, Law M, Kantor R, Praparattanapan J, Li PC, Phanuphak P, Merati T, Ratanasuwan W, Lee CK, Ditangco R, Mustafa M, Singtoroj T, Kiertiburanakul S, TREAT Asia Studies to Evaluate Resistance – Monitoring Study (TASER-M).
- Issue date: 2014
- Short Communication: Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors with Reduced Predicted Activity Do Not Impair Second-Line Therapy with Lopinavir/Ritonavir or Darunavir/Ritonavir.
- Authors: Villabona-Arenas CJ, Eymard-Duvernay S, Aghokeng A, Guichet E, Toure-Kane C, Bado G, Koulla-Shiro S, Delaporte E, Ciaffi L, Peeters M
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Intensive adherence counselling for HIV-infected individuals failing second-line antiretroviral therapy in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Authors: Fox MP, Berhanu R, Steegen K, Firnhaber C, Ive P, Spencer D, Mashamaite S, Sheik S, Jonker I, Howell P, Long L, Evans D
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Viral suppression following switch to second-line antiretroviral therapy: associations with nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor resistance and subtherapeutic drug concentrations prior to switch.
- Authors: Johnston V, Cohen K, Wiesner L, Morris L, Ledwaba J, Fielding KL, Charalambous S, Churchyard G, Phillips A, Grant AD
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 1