A Randomized Trial of AmBisome Monotherapy and AmBisome and Miltefosine Combination to Treat Visceral leishmaniasis in HIV Co-infected Patients in Ethiopia
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS neglected tropical diseases
AbstractVisceral leishmaniasis (VL) in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) co-infected patients requires special case management. AmBisome monotherapy at 40 mg/kg is recommended by the World Health Organization. The objective of the study was to assess if a combination of a lower dose of AmBisome with miltefosine would show acceptable efficacy at the end of treatment.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- The initial effectiveness of liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) and miltefosine combination for treatment of visceral leishmaniasis in HIV co-infected patients in Ethiopia: A retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Abongomera C, Diro E, de Lima Pereira A, Buyze J, Stille K, Ahmed F, van Griensven J, Ritmeijer K
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Efficacy and Safety of AmBisome in Combination with Sodium Stibogluconate or Miltefosine and Miltefosine Monotherapy for African Visceral Leishmaniasis: Phase II Randomized Trial.
- Authors: Wasunna M, Njenga S, Balasegaram M, Alexander N, Omollo R, Edwards T, Dorlo TP, Musa B, Ali MH, Elamin MY, Kirigi G, Juma R, Kip AE, Schoone GJ, Hailu A, Olobo J, Ellis S, Kimutai R, Wells S, Khalil EA, Strub Wourgaft N, Alves F, Musa A
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Safety and efficacy of short course combination regimens with AmBisome, miltefosine and paromomycin for the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis (VL) in Bangladesh.
- Authors: Rahman R, Goyal V, Haque R, Jamil K, Faiz A, Samad R, Ellis S, Balasegaram M, Boer MD, Rijal S, Strub-Wourgaft N, Alves F, Alvar J, Sharma B
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Host transcriptomic signature as alternative test-of-cure in visceral leishmaniasis patients co-infected with HIV.
- Authors: Adriaensen W, Cuypers B, Cordero CF, Mengasha B, Blesson S, Cnops L, Kaye PM, Alves F, Diro E, van Griensven J
- Issue date: 2020 May
- Combination Therapy Against Indian Visceral Leishmaniasis with Liposomal Amphotericin B (Fungisome<sup>TM</sup>) and Short-Course Miltefosine in Comparison to Miltefosine Monotherapy.
- Authors: Goswami RP, Rahman M, Das S, Tripathi SK, Goswami RP
- Issue date: 2020 Jul