"Is it making any difference?" A qualitative study examining the treatment-taking experiences of asymptomatic people living with HIV in the context of Treat-all in Eswatini
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTreat-all is being implemented in several African settings, in accordance with 2015 World Health Organisation guidelines. The factors known to undermine adherence to antiretroviral therapy (ART) may change in the context of Treat-all, where people living with HIV (PLHIV) increasingly initiate ART at earlier, asymptomatic stages of disease, soon after diagnosis. This paper aimed to examine the asymptomatic PLHIV's experiences engaging with early ART initiation under the Treat-all policy, including how they navigate treatment-taking over the longer term.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- "I don't want them to know": how stigma creates dilemmas for engagement with Treat-all HIV care for people living with HIV in Eswatini.
- Authors: Horter S, Bernays S, Thabede Z, Dlamini V, Kerschberger B, Pasipamire M, Rusch B, Wringe A
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- "Life is so easy on ART, once you accept it": Acceptance, denial and linkage to HIV care in Shiselweni, Swaziland.
- Authors: Horter S, Thabede Z, Dlamini V, Bernays S, Stringer B, Mazibuko S, Dube L, Rusch B, Jobanputra K
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- 'Side effects' are 'central effects' that challenge retention in HIV treatment programmes in six sub-Saharan African countries: a multicountry qualitative study.
- Authors: Renju J, Moshabela M, McLean E, Ddaaki W, Skovdal M, Odongo F, Bukenya D, Wamoyi J, Bonnington O, Seeley J, Zaba B, Wringe A
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Feasibility of antiretroviral therapy initiation under the treat-all policy under routine conditions: a prospective cohort study from Eswatini.
- Authors: Kerschberger B, Jobanputra K, Schomaker M, Kabore SM, Teck R, Mabhena E, Lukhele N, Rusch B, Boulle A, Ciglenecki I
- Issue date: 2019 Oct
- Experiences from a community advisory Board in the Implementation of early access to ART for all in Eswatini: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Mlambo CK, Vernooij E, Geut R, Vrolings E, Shongwe B, Jiwan S, Fleming Y, Khumalo G
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 16