High Prevalence of Infection and Low Incidence of Disease in Child Contacts of Patients with Drug-resistant Tuberculosis: a Prospective Cohort Study
MetadataShow full item record
JournalArchives of Disease in Childhood
AbstractWe aimed to measure the prevalence and incidence of latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI) and tuberculosis (TB) disease in children in close contact with patients with drug-resistant TB (DR-TB) in a country with high DR-TB prevalence.
- High utility of contact investigation for latent and active tuberculosis case detection among the contacts: a retrospective cohort study in Tbilisi, Georgia, 2010-2011.
- Authors: Chakhaia T, Magee MJ, Kempker RR, Gegia M, Goginashvili L, Nanava U, Blumberg HM
- Issue date: 2014
- A population-based tuberculosis contact investigation in the country of Georgia.
- Authors: Baliashvili D, Kempker RR, Blumberg HM, Kuchukhidze G, Merabishvili T, Aslanikashvili A, Magee MJ
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 21
- HIV patients with latent tuberculosis living in a low-endemic country do not develop active disease during a 2 year follow-up; a Norwegian prospective multicenter study.
- Authors: Pullar ND, Steinum H, Bruun JN, Dyrhol-Riise AM
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 17
- Contacts of retreatment tuberculosis cases with a prior poor treatment outcome are at increased risk of latent tuberculosis infection.
- Authors: Baliashvili D, Magee MJ, Kempker RR, Kuchukhidze G, Aslanikashvili A, Blumberg HM
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Evaluation of the prognostic value of IFN-gamma release assay and tuberculin skin test in household contacts of infectious tuberculosis cases in Senegal.
- Authors: Lienhardt C, Fielding K, Hane AA, Niang A, Ndao CT, Karam F, Fletcher H, Mbow F, Gomis JF, Diadhiou R, Toupane M, Dieye T, Mboup S
- Issue date: 2010 May 6