Mortality in the first six months among HIV-positive and HIV-negative patients empirically treated for tuberculosis.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC infectious diseases
AbstractEmpirical treatment of tuberculosis (TB) may be necessary in patients with negative or no Xpert MTB/RIF results. In a context with access to Xpert, we assessed mortality in the 6 months after the initial TB consultation among HIV-positive and HIV-negative patients who received empirical TB treatment or TB treatment based on bacteriological confirmation and we compared it with the mortality among those who did not receive TB treatment.
- Evaluation of gene xpert for routine diagnosis of HIV-associated tuberculosis in Nigeria: A prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Akanbi MO, Achenbach C, Taiwo B, Idoko J, Ani A, Isa Y, Agbaji O, Ukoli C, Akande P, Maiga M, Murphy RL
- Issue date: 2017 May 30
- Incremental Yield of Including Determine-TB LAM Assay in Diagnostic Algorithms for Hospitalized and Ambulatory HIV-Positive Patients in Kenya.
- Authors: Huerga H, Ferlazzo G, Bevilacqua P, Kirubi B, Ardizzoni E, Wanjala S, Sitienei J, Bonnet M
- Issue date: 2017
- Comparison of Xpert MTB/RIF with other nucleic acid technologies for diagnosing pulmonary tuberculosis in a high HIV prevalence setting: a prospective study.
- Authors: Scott LE, McCarthy K, Gous N, Nduna M, Van Rie A, Sanne I, Venter WF, Duse A, Stevens W
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Time delay and associated mortality from negative smear to positive Xpert MTB/RIF test among TB/HIV patients: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Lisboa M, Fronteira I, Colove E, Nhamonga M, Martins MDRO
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 7
- Intensified tuberculosis case-finding in HIV-positive adults managed at Ethiopian health centers: diagnostic yield of Xpert MTB/RIF compared with smear microscopy and liquid culture.
- Authors: Balcha TT, Sturegård E, Winqvist N, Skogmar S, Reepalu A, Jemal ZH, Tibesso G, Schön T, Björkman P
- Issue date: 2014