Adapting Reactive Case Detection Strategies for falciparum Malaria in a Low-Transmission Area in Cambodia.
Van den Bergh, R
De Smet, M
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Disease
AbstractReactive case detection around falciparum malaria cases in Cambodia presents a low output. We improved it by including individuals occupationally coexposed with index case patients and using polymerase chain reaction-based diagnosis. The positivity rate increased from 0.16% to 3.9%.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Reactive case-detection of malaria in Pailin Province, Western Cambodia: lessons from a year-long evaluation in a pre-elimination setting.
- Authors: Hustedt J, Canavati SE, Rang C, Ashton RA, Khim N, Berne L, Kim S, Sovannaroth S, Ly P, Ménard D, Cox J, Meek S, Roca-Feltrer A
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 1
- Detection of a substantial number of sub-microscopic Plasmodium falciparum infections by polymerase chain reaction: a potential threat to malaria control and diagnosis in Ethiopia.
- Authors: Golassa L, Enweji N, Erko B, Aseffa A, Swedberg G
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 3
- Performance of Ultrasensitive Rapid Diagnostic Tests for Detecting Asymptomatic <i>Plasmodium falciparum</i>.
- Authors: Yeung S, McGregor D, James N, Kheang ST, Kim S, Khim N, Ly P, Sovannaroth S, Witkowski B
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- A large proportion of asymptomatic Plasmodium infections with low and sub-microscopic parasite densities in the low transmission setting of Temotu Province, Solomon Islands: challenges for malaria diagnostics in an elimination setting.
- Authors: Harris I, Sharrock WW, Bain LM, Gray KA, Bobogare A, Boaz L, Lilley K, Krause D, Vallely A, Johnson ML, Gatton ML, Shanks GD, Cheng Q
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 7
- Simultaneous detection of Plasmodium vivax and Plasmodium falciparum gametocytes in clinical isolates by multiplex-nested RT-PCR.
- Authors: Kuamsab N, Putaporntip C, Pattanawong U, Jongwutiwes S
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 10