Ensuring On-site Ebola Patient Monitoring and Follow-up: Development of a Laboratory Structure Embedded in an Ebola Treatment Center.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe capacity to rapidly distinguish Ebola virus disease from other infectious diseases and to monitor biochemistry and viremia levels is crucial to the clinical management of suspected Ebola virus disease cases. This article describes the design and practical considerations of a laboratory straddling the high- and low-risk zones of an Ebola treatment center to produce timely diagnostic and clinical results for informed case management of Ebola virus disease in real-life conditions. This innovation may be of relevance for actors requiring flexible laboratory implementation in contexts of high-communicability, high-lethality disease outbreaks.
PublisherCambridge University Press
DescriptionWe regret that this article is behind a paywall.
- Ebola virus and laboratory diagnosis in Japan.
- Authors: Shimojima M
- Issue date: 2015
- Enhancing laboratory capacity during Ebola virus disease (EVD) heightened surveillance in Liberia: lessons learned and recommendations.
- Authors: Katawera V, Kohar H, Mahmoud N, Raftery P, Wasunna C, Humrighouse B, Hardy P, Saindon J, Schoepp R, Makvandi M, Hensley L, Condell O, Durski K, Singaravelu S, Gahimbare L, Olinger G, Kateh F, Naidoo D, Nsubuga P, Formenty P, Nyenswah T, Coulibaly SO, Okeibunor JC, Talisuna A, Yahaya AA, Rajatonirina S, Williams D, Dahn B, Gasasira A, Fall IS
- Issue date: 2019
- Management of Microbiological Samples in a Confirmed Case of Ebola Virus Disease: Constraints and Limitations.
- Authors: Hogardt M, Wolf T, Kann G, Brodt HR, Brandt C, Keppler OT, Wicker S, Zacharowski K, Gottschalk R, Becker S, Kempf VA
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Establishing Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) diagnostics using GeneXpert technology at a mobile laboratory in Liberia: Impact on outbreak response, case management and laboratory systems strengthening.
- Authors: Raftery P, Condell O, Wasunna C, Kpaka J, Zwizwai R, Nuha M, Fallah M, Freeman M, Harris V, Miller M, Baller A, Massaquoi M, Katawera V, Saindon J, Bemah P, Hamblion E, Castle E, Williams D, Gasasira A, Nyenswah T
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Laboratory support during and after the Ebola virus endgame: towards a sustained laboratory infrastructure.
- Authors: Goodfellow I, Reusken C, Koopmans M
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 26