Ensuring On-site Ebola Patient Monitoring and Follow-up: Development of a Laboratory Structure Embedded in an Ebola Treatment Center.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe capacity to rapidly distinguish Ebola virus disease from other infectious diseases and to monitor biochemistry and viremia levels is crucial to the clinical management of suspected Ebola virus disease cases. This article describes the design and practical considerations of a laboratory straddling the high- and low-risk zones of an Ebola treatment center to produce timely diagnostic and clinical results for informed case management of Ebola virus disease in real-life conditions. This innovation may be of relevance for actors requiring flexible laboratory implementation in contexts of high-communicability, high-lethality disease outbreaks.
PublisherCambridge University Press
DescriptionWe regret that this article is behind a paywall.
- Establishing Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) diagnostics using GeneXpert technology at a mobile laboratory in Liberia: Impact on outbreak response, case management and laboratory systems strengthening.
- Authors: Raftery P, Condell O, Wasunna C, Kpaka J, Zwizwai R, Nuha M, Fallah M, Freeman M, Harris V, Miller M, Baller A, Massaquoi M, Katawera V, Saindon J, Bemah P, Hamblion E, Castle E, Williams D, Gasasira A, Nyenswah T
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Enhancing laboratory capacity during Ebola virus disease (EVD) heightened surveillance in Liberia: lessons learned and recommendations.
- Authors: Katawera V, Kohar H, Mahmoud N, Raftery P, Wasunna C, Humrighouse B, Hardy P, Saindon J, Schoepp R, Makvandi M, Hensley L, Condell O, Durski K, Singaravelu S, Gahimbare L, Olinger G, Kateh F, Naidoo D, Nsubuga P, Formenty P, Nyenswah T, Coulibaly SO, Okeibunor JC, Talisuna A, Yahaya AA, Rajatonirina S, Williams D, Dahn B, Gasasira A, Fall IS
- Issue date: 2019
- Laboratory Response to 2014 Ebola Virus Outbreak in Mali.
- Authors: Diarra B, Safronetz D, Sarro YD, Kone A, Sanogo M, Tounkara S, Togo AC, Daou F, Maiga AI, Dao S, Rosenke K, Falzarano D, Doumbia S, Zoon KC, Polis M, Siddiqui S, Sow S, Schwan TG, Feldmann H, Diallo S, Koita OA
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 15
- Need of surveillance response systems to combat Ebola outbreaks and other emerging infectious diseases in African countries.
- Authors: Tambo E, Ugwu EC, Ngogang JY
- Issue date: 2014
- Mobile diagnostics in outbreak response, not only for Ebola: a blueprint for a modular and robust field laboratory.
- Authors: Wölfel R, Stoecker K, Fleischmann E, Gramsamer B, Wagner M, Molkenthin P, Di Caro A, Günther S, Ibrahim S, Genzel GH, Ozin-Hofsäss AJ, Formenty P, Zöller L
- Issue date: 2015