Culture conversion at six months in patients receiving delamanid-containing regimens for the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
endTB Study Group
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases
AbstractDelamanid should be effective against highly resistant strains of Mycobacteriumtuberculosis, but uptake has been slow globally. In the endTB (expand new drug markets for TB) Observational Study, which enrolled a large, heterogeneous cohorts of patients receiving delamanid as part of a multidrug regimen, 80% of participants experienced sputum culture conversion within 6 months.
PublisherOxford University Press
DescriptionWe regret that this article is behind a paywall.
- Culture Conversion in Patients Treated with Bedaquiline and/or Delamanid. A Prospective Multicountry Study.
- Authors: Franke MF, Khan P, Hewison C, Khan U, Huerga H, Seung KJ, Rich ML, Zarli K, Samieva N, Oyewusi L, Nair P, Mudassar M, Melikyan N, Lenggogeni P, Lecca L, Kumsa A, Khan M, Islam S, Hussein K, Docteur W, Chumburidze N, Berikova E, Atshemyan H, Atwood S, Alam M, Ahmed S, Bastard M, Mitnick CD
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 1
- The endTB observational study protocol: treatment of MDR-TB with bedaquiline or delamanid containing regimens.
- Authors: Khan U, Huerga H, Khan AJ, Mitnick CD, Hewison C, Varaine F, Bastard M, Rich M, Franke MF, Atwood S, Khan PY, Seung KJ
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 20
- Delamanid: From discovery to its use for pulmonary multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB).
- Authors: Liu Y, Matsumoto M, Ishida H, Ohguro K, Yoshitake M, Gupta R, Geiter L, Hafkin J
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Delamanid for multidrug-resistant pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Authors: Gler MT, Skripconoka V, Sanchez-Garavito E, Xiao H, Cabrera-Rivero JL, Vargas-Vasquez DE, Gao M, Awad M, Park SK, Shim TS, Suh GY, Danilovits M, Ogata H, Kurve A, Chang J, Suzuki K, Tupasi T, Koh WJ, Seaworth B, Geiter LJ, Wells CD
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 7
- Delamanid when other anti-tuberculosis-treatment regimens failed due to resistance or tolerability.
- Authors: Kwon YS, Jeong BH, Koh WJ
- Issue date: 2015 Feb