'SILVAMP TB LAM' rapid urine tuberculosis test predicts mortality in hospitalized HIV patients in South Africa.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases
AbstractReducing diagnostic delay is key towards decreasing tuberculosis-associated deaths in people living with HIV. In tuberculosis patients with retrospective urine testing, the point-of-care Fujifilm SILVAMP TB LAM (FujiLAM) could have rapidly diagnosed tuberculosis in up to 89% who died. In FujiLAM negative patients, the probability of 12-week survival was 86-97%.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Novel lipoarabinomannan point-of-care tuberculosis test for people with HIV: a diagnostic accuracy study.
- Authors: Broger T, Sossen B, du Toit E, Kerkhoff AD, Schutz C, Ivanova Reipold E, Ward A, Barr DA, Macé A, Trollip A, Burton R, Ongarello S, Pinter A, Lowary TL, Boehme C, Nicol MP, Meintjes G, Denkinger CM
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Diagnostic Accuracy of a Novel and Rapid Lipoarabinomannan Test for Diagnosing Tuberculosis Among People With Human Immunodeficiency Virus.
- Authors: Bjerrum S, Broger T, Székely R, Mitarai S, Opintan JA, Kenu E, Lartey M, Addo KK, Chikamatsu K, Macé A, Schumacher SG, Moreau E, Shah M, Johansen IS, Denkinger CM
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Diagnostic sensitivity of SILVAMP TB-LAM (FujiLAM) point-of-care urine assay for extra-pulmonary tuberculosis in people living with HIV.
- Authors: Kerkhoff AD, Sossen B, Schutz C, Reipold EI, Trollip A, Moreau E, Schumacher SG, Burton R, Ward A, Nicol MP, Meintjes G, Denkinger CM, Broger T
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- Diagnostic accuracy, incremental yield and prognostic value of Determine TB-LAM for routine diagnostic testing for tuberculosis in HIV-infected patients requiring acute hospital admission in South Africa: a prospective cohort.
- Authors: Lawn SD, Kerkhoff AD, Burton R, Schutz C, Boulle A, Vogt M, Gupta-Wright A, Nicol MP, Meintjes G
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 21
- Detection of lipoarabinomannan (LAM) in urine is an independent predictor of mortality risk in patients receiving treatment for HIV-associated tuberculosis in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Gupta-Wright A, Peters JA, Flach C, Lawn SD
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 23