'SILVAMP TB LAM' rapid urine tuberculosis test predicts mortality in hospitalized HIV patients in South Africa.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases
AbstractReducing diagnostic delay is key towards decreasing tuberculosis-associated deaths in people living with HIV. In tuberculosis patients with retrospective urine testing, the point-of-care Fujifilm SILVAMP TB LAM (FujiLAM) could have rapidly diagnosed tuberculosis in up to 89% who died. In FujiLAM negative patients, the probability of 12-week survival was 86-97%.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Accuracy of a Novel Urine Test, Fujifilm SILVAMP Tuberculosis Lipoarabinomannan, for the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Children.
- Authors: Nicol MP, Schumacher SG, Workman L, Broger T, Baard C, Prins M, Bateman L, du Toit E, van Heerden J, Szekely R, Zar HJ, Denkinger CM
- Issue date: 2021 May 4
- Novel lipoarabinomannan point-of-care tuberculosis test for people with HIV: a diagnostic accuracy study.
- Authors: Broger T, Sossen B, du Toit E, Kerkhoff AD, Schutz C, Ivanova Reipold E, Ward A, Barr DA, Macé A, Trollip A, Burton R, Ongarello S, Pinter A, Lowary TL, Boehme C, Nicol MP, Meintjes G, Denkinger CM
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Diagnostic accuracy of a novel tuberculosis point-of-care urine lipoarabinomannan assay for people living with HIV: A meta-analysis of individual in- and outpatient data.
- Authors: Broger T, Nicol MP, Székely R, Bjerrum S, Sossen B, Schutz C, Opintan JA, Johansen IS, Mitarai S, Chikamatsu K, Kerkhoff AD, Macé A, Ongarello S, Meintjes G, Denkinger CM, Schumacher SG
- Issue date: 2020 May
- The potential impact of urine-LAM diagnostics on tuberculosis incidence and mortality: A modelling analysis.
- Authors: Ricks S, Denkinger CM, Schumacher SG, Hallett TB, Arinaminpathy N
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Determine TB-LAM point-of-care tuberculosis assay predicts poor outcomes in outpatients during their first year of antiretroviral therapy in South Africa.
- Authors: Kerkhoff AD, Longley N, Kelly N, Cross A, Vogt M, Wood R, Hermans S, Lawn SD, Harrison TS
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 31