MDR/XDR-TB management of patients and contacts: challenges facing the new decade. The 2020 clinical update by the Global Tuberculosis Network.
AuthorsBattista Migliori, G
Muhwa Chakaya, J
Muñoz Torrico, M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe continuous flow of new research articles on MDR-TB diagnosis, treatment, prevention and rehabilitation requires frequent update of existing guidelines. This review is aimed at providing clinicians and public health staff with an updated and easy-to-consult document arising from consensus of Global Tuberculosis Network (GTN) experts. The core published documents and guidelines have been reviewed including the recently published MDR-TB WHO rapid advice and ATS/CDC/ERS/IDSA guidelines. After a rapid review of epidemiology and risk factors, the clinical priorities on MDR-TB diagnosis (including whole genome sequencing and drug-susceptibility testing interpretations) and treatment (treatment design and management, TB in children) are discussed. Furthermore, the review comprehensively describes the latest information on contact tracing and LTBI management in MDR-TB contacts, while providing guidance on post-treatment functional evaluation and rehabilitation of TB sequelae, infection control and other public health priorities.
- Household contact investigation of multidrug-resistant and extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis in a high HIV prevalence setting.
- Authors: Vella V, Racalbuto V, Guerra R, Marra C, Moll A, Mhlanga Z, Maluleke M, Mhlope H, Margot B, Friedland G, Shah NS, Gandhi NR
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Clinical management of adults and children with multidrug-resistant and extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Authors: Dheda K, Chang KC, Guglielmetti L, Furin J, Schaaf HS, Chesov D, Esmail A, Lange C
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Emergence and treatment of multidrug resistant (MDR) and extensively drug-resistant (XDR) tuberculosis in South Africa.
- Authors: Streicher EM, Müller B, Chihota V, Mlambo C, Tait M, Pillay M, Trollip A, Hoek KG, Sirgel FA, Gey van Pittius NC, van Helden PD, Victor TC, Warren RM
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Tuberculosis and air travel: WHO guidance in the era of drug-resistant TB.
- Authors: Martinez L, Blanc L, Nunn P, Raviglione M
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Plan to combat extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis: recommendations of the Federal Tuberculosis Task Force.
- Authors: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Issue date: 2009 Feb 13