MetadataShow full item record
JournalPaediatric Respiratory Reviews
AbstractIt is estimated that 20 million children are exposed to tuberculosis (TB) each year, making TB a global paediatric health emergency. TB preventative efforts have long been overlooked. With the view of achieving “TB elimination” in “our lifetime”, this paper explores challenges and potential solutions in the TB prevention cascade, including identifying children who have been exposed to TB; detecting TB infection in these children; identifying those at highest risk of progressing to disease; implementing treatment of TB infection; and mobilizing multiple stakeholders support to successfully prevent TB.
- Authors: Bloom BR, Atun R, Cohen T, Dye C, Fraser H, Gomez GB, Knight G, Murray M, Nardell E, Rubin E, Salomon J, Vassall A, Volchenkov G, White R, Wilson D, Yadav P, Holmes KK, Bertozzi S, Bloom BR, Jha P
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 3
- Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis infection and disease in children: a review of new and repurposed drugs.
- Authors: Huynh J, Marais BJ
- Issue date: 2019 Jan-Dec
- Addressing knowledge gaps and prevention for tuberculosis-infected Indian adults: a vital part of elimination.
- Authors: DeLuca A, Dhumal G, Paradkar M, Suryavanshi N, Mave V, Kohli R, Shivakumar SVBY, Hulyolkar V, Gaikwad A, Nangude A, Pardeshi G, Kadam D, Gupta A
- Issue date: 2018 May 2