MetadataShow full item record
JournalPaediatric Respiratory Reviews
AbstractIt is estimated that 20 million children are exposed to tuberculosis (TB) each year, making TB a global paediatric health emergency. TB preventative efforts have long been overlooked. With the view of achieving “TB elimination” in “our lifetime”, this paper explores challenges and potential solutions in the TB prevention cascade, including identifying children who have been exposed to TB; detecting TB infection in these children; identifying those at highest risk of progressing to disease; implementing treatment of TB infection; and mobilizing multiple stakeholders support to successfully prevent TB.
- Levofloxacin versus placebo for the prevention of tuberculosis disease in child contacts of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis: study protocol for a phase III cluster randomised controlled trial (TB-CHAMP).
- Authors: Seddon JA, Garcia-Prats AJ, Purchase SE, Osman M, Demers AM, Hoddinott G, Crook AM, Owen-Powell E, Thomason MJ, Turkova A, Gibb DM, Fairlie L, Martinson N, Schaaf HS, Hesseling AC
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 20
- Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis infection and disease in children: a review of new and repurposed drugs.
- Authors: Huynh J, Marais BJ
- Issue date: 2019 Jan-Dec
- Addressing knowledge gaps and prevention for tuberculosis-infected Indian adults: a vital part of elimination.
- Authors: DeLuca A, Dhumal G, Paradkar M, Suryavanshi N, Mave V, Kohli R, Shivakumar SVBY, Hulyolkar V, Gaikwad A, Nangude A, Pardeshi G, Kadam D, Gupta A
- Issue date: 2018 May 2