Development of a patient rated scale for mental health global state for use during humanitarian interventions.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractObjective: We present the results of a cross-cultural validation of the Mental Health Global State (MHGS) scale for adults and adolescents (<14 years old). Methods: We performed two independent studies using mixed methods among 103 patients in Hebron, Occupied Palestinian Territories and 106 in Cauca, Colombia. The MHGS was analyzed psychometrically, sensitivity and specificity, ability to detect clinically meaningful change, compared to the Clinical Global Impression-Severity scale (CGI-S). Principal component analysis was used to reduce the number of questions after data collection. Results: The scale demonstrated good internal consistency, with a Cronbach alpha score of 0.80 in both settings. Test retest reliability was high, ICC 0.70 (95% CI [0.41-0.85]) in Hebron and 0.87 (95% CI [0.76-0.93]) in Cauca; inter-rater reliability was 0.70 (95% CI [0.42-0.85]) in Hebron and 0.76 (95% CI [0.57-0.88]) in Cauca. Psychometric properties were also good, and the tool demonstrated a sensitivity of 85% in Hebron and 100% in Cauca, with corresponding specificity of 80% and 79%, when compared to CGI-S. Conclusions: The MHGS showed promising results to assess global mental health thereby providing an additional easy to use tool in humanitarian interventions. Additional work should focus on validation in at least one more context, to adhere to best practices in transcultural validation.
- Suicidal Ideation
- Authors: Harmer B, Lee S, Duong TvH, Saadabadi A
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- A rapid screening tool for psychological distress in children 3-6years old: results of a validation study.
- Authors: Marquer C, Barry C, Mouchenik Y, Hustache S, Djibo DM, Manzo ML, Falissard B, Révah-Lévy A, Grais RF, Moro MR
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 16
- Adaptation of the Clinical Global Impression for Use in Correctional Settings: The CGI-C.
- Authors: Jones RM, Patel K, Moscovici M, McMaster R, Glancy G, Simpson AIF
- Issue date: 2019
- Psychometric Properties of the Norwegian Version of the Electronic Health Literacy Scale (eHEALS) Among Patients After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Cross-Sectional Validation Study.
- Authors: Brørs G, Wentzel-Larsen T, Dalen H, Hansen TB, Norman CD, Wahl A, Norekvål TM, CONCARD Investigators.
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 28
- [Psychometric characteristics of questionnaires designed to assess the knowledge, perceptions and practices of health care professionals with regards to alcoholic patients].
- Authors: Jaussent S, Labarère J, Boyer JP, François P
- Issue date: 2004 Sep-Oct