Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorSharma, N
dc.contributor.authorNin-Gonzalez, R
dc.date.accessioned2021-04-11T17:06:38Z
dc.date.available2021-04-11T17:06:38Z
dc.date.issued2021-02-02
dc.date.submitted2021-04-09
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10144/619920
dc.description.abstractUnintentional ingestions are a common form of poisoning in children worldwide. Organophosphates are commonly used in households worldwide and are a common cause of childhood poisonings. This case report describes an unintentional ingestion of a child in East Africa. A thorough patient history and a high index of suspicion are needed in recognizing an organophosphate poisoning. Prompt patient stabilization and treatment improve outcomes. Neurologic sequela may occur and thus patient follow-up is recommended.en_US
dc.language.isoenen_US
dc.publisherOxford University Pressen_US
dc.rightsWith thanks to Oxford University Press.en_US
dc.titleOrganophosphate poisoning in a young child: a case reporten_US
dc.identifier.journalOxford Medical Case Reportsen_US
refterms.dateFOA2021-04-11T17:06:38Z


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
Sharma et al 2021 Organophosphate ...
Size:
98.96Kb
Format:
PDF

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record