Surveillance of Plasmodium falciparum pfcrt haplotypes in southwestern uganda by high-resolution melt analysis.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe sample source (i.e. Giemsa-stained slides or blood spots) and type of LCGreen-based reagent mixes did not impact the success of PCR-HRM. The detection limit of 10- 5 ng and the ability to identify mixed haplotypes as low as 10 % was similar to other HRM platforms. The CVIET haplotype predominated in the clinical samples (66 %, 162/244); however, there was a large regional variation between the sample groups (94 % CVIET in Group 1 and 44 % CVIET in Group 2).
- Mutant pfcrt "SVMNT" haplotype and wild type pfmdr1 "N86" are endemic in Plasmodium vivax dominated areas of India under high chloroquine exposure.
- Authors: Mallick PK, Joshi H, Valecha N, Sharma SK, Eapen A, Bhatt RM, Srivastava HC, Sutton PL, Dash AP, Bhasin VK
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 11
- Return of chloroquine sensitivity to Africa? Surveillance of African Plasmodium falciparum chloroquine resistance through malaria imported to China.
- Authors: Lu F, Zhang M, Culleton RL, Xu S, Tang J, Zhou H, Zhu G, Gu Y, Zhang C, Liu Y, Wang W, Cao Y, Li J, He X, Cao J, Gao Q
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 26
- [Analysis of chloroquine-resistant gene polymorphisms in <i>Plasmodium falciparum</i> imported into China in 2012 and 2018].
- Authors: Yan H, Wang XX, Feng J, Zhang L, Yin JH, Li M, Xia ZG, Huang F
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 25
- Large-scale survey for novel genotypes of Plasmodium falciparum chloroquine-resistance gene pfcrt.
- Authors: Takahashi N, Tanabe K, Tsukahara T, Dzodzomenyo M, Dysoley L, Khamlome B, Sattabongkot J, Nakamura M, Sakurai M, Kobayashi J, Kaneko A, Endo H, Hombhanje F, Tsuboi T, Mita T
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 28
- Molecular surveillance of Plasmodium falciparum drug resistance markers reveals partial recovery of chloroquine susceptibility but sustained sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine resistance at two sites of different malaria transmission intensities in Rwanda.
- Authors: Kateera F, Nsobya SL, Tukwasibwe S, Hakizimana E, Mutesa L, Mens PF, Grobusch MP, van Vugt M, Kumar N
- Issue date: 2016 Dec