A call to safeguard sexual and reproductive health information and services during Ebola outbreaks.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalConflict and health
AbstractThe recent Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreaks in 2021 exemplify how sexual and reproductive health services are too often considered unessential during health emergencies. Bleeding for reasons other than EVD, such as pregnancy complications or rape, can be construed as EVD symptoms, reinforcing fear and stigmatisation, and delaying timely access to adequate care. In this commentary, we urgently call on all humanitarian actors to integrate the Minimum Initial Services Package for Sexual and Reproductive Health in Crisis Situations into current and future EVD preparedness and response efforts.
- What did we learn from preparing for cross-border transmission of Ebola virus disease into a complex humanitarian setting - The Republic of South Sudan?
- Authors: Olu OO, Lako R, Wamala JF, Ramadan PO, Ryan C, Udenweze I, Berta K, Guyo AG, Sokemawu A, Tukuru M, Gray HJ, Chimbaru A
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 21
- An overview of the sexual and reproductive health status and service delivery among Syrian refugees in Jordan, nine years since the crisis: a systematic literature review.
- Authors: Amiri M, El-Mowafi IM, Chahien T, Yousef H, Kobeissi LH
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 28
- Uganda's experience in Ebola virus disease outbreak preparedness, 2018-2019.
- Authors: Aceng JR, Ario AR, Muruta AN, Makumbi I, Nanyunja M, Komakech I, Bakainaga AN, Talisuna AO, Mwesigye C, Mpairwe AM, Tusiime JB, Lali WZ, Katushabe E, Ocom F, Kaggwa M, Bongomin B, Kasule H, Mwoga JN, Sensasi B, Mwebembezi E, Katureebe C, Sentumbwe O, Nalwadda R, Mbaka P, Fatunmbi BS, Nakiire L, Lamorde M, Walwema R, Kambugu A, Nanyondo J, Okware S, Ahabwe PB, Nabukenya I, Kayiwa J, Wetaka MM, Kyazze S, Kwesiga B, Kadobera D, Bulage L, Nanziri C, Monje F, Aliddeki DM, Ntono V, Gonahasa D, Nabatanzi S, Nsereko G, Nakinsige A, Mabumba E, Lubwama B, Sekamatte M, Kibuule M, Muwanguzi D, Amone J, Upenytho GD, Driwale A, Seru M, Sebisubi F, Akello H, Kabanda R, Mutengeki DK, Bakyaita T, Serwanjja VN, Okwi R, Okiria J, Ainebyoona E, Opar BT, Mimbe D, Kyabaggu D, Ayebazibwe C, Sentumbwe J, Mwanja M, Ndumu DB, Bwogi J, Balinandi S, Nyakarahuka L, Tumusiime A, Kyondo J, Mulei S, Lutwama J, Kaleebu P, Kagirita A, Nabadda S, Oumo P, Lukwago R, Kasozi J, Masylukov O, Kyobe HB, Berdaga V, Lwanga M, Opio JC, Matseketse D, Eyul J, Oteba MO, Bukirwa H, Bulya N, Masiira B, Kihembo C, Ohuabunwo C, Antara SN, Owembabazi W, Okot PB, Okwera J, Amoros I, Kajja V, Mukunda BS, Sorela I, Adams G, Shoemaker T, Klena JD, Taboy CH, Ward SE, Merrill RD, Carter RJ, Harris JR, Banage F, Nsibambi T, Ojwang J, Kasule JN, Stowell DF, Brown VR, Zhu BP, Homsy J, Nelson LJ, Tusiime PK, Olaro C, Mwebesa HG, Woldemariam YT
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 19
- Lessons learned from implementation of a national hotline for Ebola virus disease emergency preparedness in South Sudan.
- Authors: Lopez VK, Shetty S, Kouch AT, Khol MT, Lako R, Bili A, Ayuen AD, Jukudu A, Kug AA, Mayen AD, Nyawel E, Berta K, Olu O, Clarke K, Bunga S
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 15
- Minimum initial service package (MISP) for sexual and reproductive health in disasters.
- Authors: Lisam S
- Issue date: 2014 Dec